I dropped the ball...
A few weeks ago I completely dropped the ball.
I got so caught up in all the things happening in life that I stopped making time for my Yin practices that I usually sprinkle throughout the day.
Day by day my Yin practices began to slip and I began to notice life change.
I started to experience:
- Waking with anxiety in my body (even before thoughts had a chance to develop),
- Trouble getting to sleep at night,
- Moving my body frantically and doing tasks at super speed with a total lack of presence,
- Lack of presence with my kids and not really being in the moment with them,
- Overwhelm in my mind at how to structure my days with a growing to do list and no time made to consult my intuition.
All in all life felt frantic and exhausting.
Then I realized what was missing.
The Yin practices that I love so much to support flow throughout my days were almost completely absent.
I used to beat myself up for 'dropping the ball' but now I know I recognize the power of my Yin practices in their absence.
Sometimes it's hard to see how much our practices and habits are really doing for us when we are consistent, so these times when we 'drop the ball' is a beautiful reminder of how much better we feel and how much more our lives flow when we do practice them.
The first practice I added back in was breathwork.
A super simple box breathing exercise of 4 seconds inhale, 4 seconds hold, 4 seconds exhale and 4 seconds hold. Repeating until my body let go and relaxed.
Then I added in self Reiki and meditation each morning upon waking.
With one hand on my heart and one on my belly I would channel Reiki healing energy for myself while focusing on how my body felt as a meditation.
Next came an alarm on my phone every couple of hours during the day reminding me to 'Take 3 slow breaths and come back to this moment'.
And other practices that I adore all slowly made their way back into my days.
Practice by practice and day by day I began to feel the incredible effects of my Yin practices returning.
I began to experience:
- Waking with peace and calm in my body,
- Feeling relaxed going sleep at night,
- A calm presence moving more purposefully and slowly through the day,
- More presence and being in the moment and really enjoying the little things with my kids,
- More flowing days with more structure and balance and more energy!
I am extremely passionate about sharing these practices so you too can feel more of these positive effects of Yin.
I share a collection of powerful and practical practices in my Cultivating Yin sessions.
It's only 1 weeks until we will be sitting together (in our own spaces) sharing some powerful practices of deep rest and surrender.
I cannot wait to share the practices and simple tools that have come to me intuitively to support more balance in life between the 'being' and the 'doing'.
This is an hour session via Zoom and by the end you will feel relaxed, you mind will be quieter and you intuition will be more clear.
Tickets for this next session are live and over HERE if you feel called to join in.
It would be my absolute pleasure to hold this space for you.
Love Steph xx
Leave a Reply.