My big lesson at the moment is to keep slowing down.
And I find it really hard sometimes.
It feels counterintuitive so slow down, but I know it’s where my power and my presence is.
When I am feeling like I am caught up in the hustle of life I know the first thing I need to do is stop and become aware of it and simply acknowledge it.
I know I need do this when:
- I feel ‘buzzy’ in my body,
- my mind is going a million miles an hour,
- I miss the present moment, the only moment there ever is,
- I feel overwhelmed or anxious,
- I start to say no to my self care practices and push them aside,
- life feels like a constant rush and that there is never enough time,
- I become a grumpy human being! no fun for anyone! ;)
When I notice any of these, my first response is to SLOW DOWN. Something I don't always find easy. But I know when I do I will feel more peaceful, patient and present.
I slow down by:
- stopping and taking some deep breaths with one hand on my heart and one on my stomach. This helps to stop me from doing anything else and to help ground and center me in the moment,
- sitting my butt down and doing the meditation anyway (because I know I’ll feel heaps better afterwards),
- getting out in nature,
- doing some yin yoga,
- having a Reiki or healing session (more info if you're interested over HERE),
- gratitude journal,
- putting my headphones on with some yin music or meditones meditations from the Seekers Sanctury.
- consciously moving slower,
- saying no or cancel things,
- seeing my acupuncturist (if you are looking for one she is amazing and you can find her over HERE),
- hopping in a bath with a book (and hide my phone) so I literally can’t do anything else!
It’s a huge priority of mine in this ‘praise the hustle’ world we live in to slow down myself and to model this way of living to my kids to do the same.
And all we have to do is in this very moment become aware of how we are being in the world, acknowledge in and slow down using a simple practice. We can't get lost in thought about slowing down now and it being that way forever. It's a moment by moment practice in as many of those moments of possible.
If you feel like you need some support or guidance to slow down then I can support you with my Myotherapy/ Massage sessions or Kinesiology/ Reiki/ Intuitive healing sessions.
Anyone else feel this way sometimes? Or all the time? Share in the comments below if you feel called to.
I hope you’re having a wonderful day beautiful souls.
Big love and hugs,