Being back in lockdown here in Victoria, Australia, and that lockdown being extended meant that I needed to up my self care game. I feel that we could all use a dose of this at the moment.
So, I want to share with you a few things that I have been doing to take care of myself so I can be the best version of me for myself, my family, my friends and the world.
I love a good routine and I am aiming to support all four of my arenas each day. These include mental, physical, emotional and spiritual.
Here are a list of some of the practices I use to offer myself support in the four arenas:
- Reading ‘The Happiness Trap’ by Russ Harris,
- Journaling out my thoughts and feelings,
- Socializing with a friend on FaceTime/ WhatsApp and in person when we can,
- Having a session with my Psychologist,
- Read a fiction book for a bit of escapism.
- Moving my body for 30 minutes a day including spin bike, yoga, barre, nature walk, scooting with the kids, putting some fun music on and running around the house with the kids,
- Drink 2L of water,
- Eat healthy snacks and meals,
- Take supplements,
- Bed by 9:30pm and asleep by 10pm-ish.
- Talking about how I’m feeling with a loved one,
- Journaling about my feelings,
- Having a good ol cry and getting it all out,
- Feeling what is coming up within me.
-Moving my body (as above),
-Using essential oils,
-Self Reiki and crystals.
I hope these support you to create your own list and really take care of you. If you're after a framework for which to write these into you can check out the downloadable 'The 4 arenas - Rituals' PDF in my 'Free Resources' page on my website. I have one on my office wall laminated that I add self care practices to.
If you have any you feel called to share, please comment below. I’d love to hear about your self care practices:)
Take care and I'll see you next week,
Sending you all so much love and big, big hugs,